Social Emotional Learning
We are thankful for you being part of our school community! The world is changing quickly and
we want to do everything we can to help students be successful in school and life.
We are excited to tell you that we will be using a program called PurposeFull People this year.
This program teaches skills that will help students be successful in school and in life.
We believe that students should have safe, predictable places to learn where they feel included.
Students should have healthy and helpful connections with teachers and classmates. They
should also experience learning that will help them tackle challenges inside and outside of
school. PurposeFullPeople is more than a set of lessons - it is a partnership between schools
and families to create a place where students feel like they belong and learn skills that will help
them be the best they can be!
PurposeFull People has three main goals for students: Be Kind, Be Strong, and Be Well.
● Be Kind: Social skills like listening, friendship, solving conflicts, and leadership.
○ These skills are taught alongside Empathy, Respect, & Cooperation
● Be Strong: Skills that help students focus, stay organized, and set goals.
○ These skills are taught alongside Responsibility, Courage, & Perseverance
● Be Well: Skills that help students handle their emotions and deal with stress.
○ These skills are taught alongside Gratitude, Honesty, & Creativity
This year, you’ll be invited to join the fun! We will send letters home about the skills and
strengths being taught each month. Each letter will include some ways to build these skills at
home, discussion starters, and fun challenges you can try with your family.
The path forward is full of growth! We cannot wait to partner with you in this work...
● To teach students how to build strong friendships
● To work together to solve problems, big and small
● To grow skills for life
● To become PurposeFull People